Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day

One of the best days ever: the day Jack was born. Seriously, his arrival was perfect, much anticipated labor was a breeze. I got to snuggle him and look at his sweet face, but just as good as that was watching Gordy become a father for the first time...


He is amazing with Jack. He is sweet and kind and he can always get Jack to laugh. Let me brag a bit here about Gordy because Gordy isn't the kind of dad that only does the fun stuff. He has changed every single diaper in the middle of the night since Jack was born (with the exception of maybe two). I mean how amazing is he!?! He is the definitely the most hands on dad I know. I am so grateful for all of his help with Jack. Gordy is one of the most hard working, most intelligent, and funniest people I know. He is an amazing provider. He is a good man, a great man. I am lucky to have him as the father of Jack, not only because of all he does for us, but also because he passed on his good looks to our little guy. They are two peas in a pod.


...but was there ever a question in any one's mind that Gordy would be an amazing father when he had D. Gordon Wilson as an example?



...and was there ever any doubt that I wouldn't choose an amazing man to marry when I had John Lake set the standard for everything a dad and husband should be/do?


Father's Day is such a special day. I have so many fathers in my life to be grateful for.

Thank you D. Gordon Wilson for raising such an amazing son. He is everything a man should be; compassionate, hard working, and kind. He truly is a friend to everyone. I know that you have played a major roll in turning him into the man he is today. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Thank you John Lake for always being an example to me. I can not think of a time when your example has let me down. I know I can always depend on you to be my super dad who knows why my car is making a noise, how to fix my computer over the phone, or walk me through pumping air into my tires. Thanks for being Mr. Dependable throughout my entire life.

Thank you Gordon Wilson. You have more amazing qualities bundled into one person than I ever thought possible. I am so lucky to have you. Thank you for all you do for us.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

Any who... enough of the sappy stuff. This time of year always means two celebrations for our family. One, a celebration of the fathers in our lives (much needed for all of their hard work on our behalves) and two a celebration of Adam's birthday! This year Adam flew in from Fresno to celebrate with us. It was so fun to have all of us together for a few days. To celebrate I made Adam a flourless chocolate cake (note to self, Adam does not like dark chocolate... whoopsie). The rest of us liked it though. It was SUPER rich, after all it was Paula Deen's recipe. We also drove to St. Augustine to get Adam's favorite meal, Osteen's famous shrimp.



My dad got a grill for father's day. The Adam and Gordy thought that it would be fun to "wrap" the grill by putting steaks on top of the box... Dad agreed.


For Father's Day I made Gordy a quilt from some of his favorite shirts from high school, his mission, and college. It was a long time coming, he has been asking me to do this for him since we got married. It was fun to work on it, especially since Gordy helped me with some of the cutting and pinning. It's always a good time when we can work on a project together. Now he can snuggle up be warmed by the quilt and memories of good times he had while wearing his favorite t-shirts.


No comments: