Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My 24th Birthday



For my 24th birthday we tried a Turkish restaurant in town called Turkuaz. I was thrilled to discover that Turkish food has a lot of the same elements as Greek food. I had never had Turkish food before, so it was a fun experience to sit on the floor and lounge on the pillows.


Jack loved it too. He crawled from table to table emptying out the packets of Splenda, dumping the salt and pepper shakers over, and throwing his cheerios all over the floor. Jack and I both loved the red lentil soup. The owner kept coming over to our table and telling us that Jack was going to be his next big customer because he liked the soup so much.


After we ate a HUGE dinner we decided to top the evening off with ice cream from Hartzell's (another first for us).

We ordered chocolate (my favorite) and shared as a family. Jack couldn't get enough of it.


All in all, it was a good birthday... even though Jack was teething.

No comments: