Monday, October 10, 2011

Hoosiers Outrun Cancer


Gordy and I ran our first official race. Although it was only a 5K, it was to benefit cancer research. A very good cause.




The atmosphere was so unique. It was like the air was super charged with energy, not necessarily because of the race, but because of the cause. It touched our hearts to see people running in memory of a lost loved one, holding pictures of someone who had passed from cancer.


It was a nippy fall day, so we bundled ourselves up for the race, and made extra sure Jack was warm.


There were several times after the race started that I wished I had brought my camera on the run with us. There were just SO MANY people it was incredible. It was like running in a sea of people. At one point I was sort of terrified of falling and being trampled to death.... but it didn't happen (thank goodness).


We ran the race with our buddy, Mitchell.


... and his sweetheart of a wife watched our little Jack for us while we ran. This is us after the race (don't mind me... I just took a huge bite of an apple as the picture was being taken. whoopsie).


FINISH LINE! YAY! We didn't finish first, but shockingly, we didn't finish last. Not even close to last. We kept up a pretty good pace. I was so glad that we spent a few hours of our Saturday doing this little race. It was a really good experience and we had such a good time.


1 comment:

Tammy said...

Jenn, you guys rock!