Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fort Wayne



Last weekend our little family took a road trip to Fort Wayne Indiana for Gordy to attend a call back interview. Friday night Gordy was invited to attend a social event that lasted for several hours, so it was just Jack and I hanging out in the hotel room. Since we were on a mini-vacay I tried to make it a special time for Jack. We got fast food (which RARELY happens in this family) and Jack got to eat French Fries (along with pureed vegetable soup) for dinner. Then we got ready for bed and snuggled on the couch for hours while watching Shrek. Jack was soooo sweet and cuddly that night so he got to stay up until NINE o'clock (which also NEVER happens) and cuddle with me until he fell asleep. I had the absolute best time with him. The next day was Gordy's interview so Jack and I were on our own for breakfast in the Hotel Lobby.

When Gord's interview was done we grabbed a slice of pizza and took a walk around down town Fort Wayne. I was super impressed with how clean the down town area was. It was such a perfect day.


Jack even fell asleep a little on the car ride home (after much persuasion from me, of course).


No comments: