Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cole Arrives



My best friend Jill had her baby last week. I was so excited that I was actually in Florida when she delivered him so that I could visit with both of them. Pooooor Jilly. She was in labor for like a meeeeellion hours and her epidural got turned off. So after all that PLUS two hours of pushing little Cole finally felt it was his time to join the party. Oh, did I mention he wasn't so little after all...? He was a whopping 8 lbs 14 oz! It was incredible that she fit that big boy in her tiny tummy. I don't know how she did it. Props to her. It was funny how proud of her I felt. Almost like I was her mom instead of her friend... weird. I was just so excited for her I guess. Anywho... the wait and the work was well worth it because he is B-E-A-UTIFUL! Seriously, a head full of fluffy shiny blonde hair. Jill's dream come true. Now she can twirl to her heart's content and I have a feeling little man won't protest.


So, we left Jack with mom and dad for the day because the drive takes FOR EV-ER (all the way to Daytona)! It was a reeeeeally long time in the car. But, man, it was so fun to see Jill and Jeremy AND little Cole. They make a darling little family.

See? What a sweet family!


After our visit we decided to stop by the beach for a little while because we just weren't quite ready for the long drive back and because we were only 10 minutes away. You just have to go when you are that close ya know?


This little beauty was accomplished while Gordy was trying to force the camera out of my hand. Pretty good right?! He was ready to enjoy the moment without cameras... I'll just choose to forget that little detail because I like the picture.


Represent IU.

cheesy name in the sand- a must.


No comments: