Saturday, July 2, 2011

... and the Living's Easy

We've been having so much fun this week in Florida! It's been busy, busy, busy!
Sunday I got an assignment to be a temporary leader for the achievement day girls. I was really excited. For our first activity we had a lesson on modesty and went to the mall to window shop for some modest outfits. I had such a good time with these gals. When I left Lake Butler these chickies were only about three years old, so I know who they are, but haven't had the chance to really get to know them. They are so darling. I'm so thrilled that I get to hang out with them this summer. I think they had a fun time with Gordy and his sense of humor... and it rained us on the way home, so we had quite the adventure.




On Friday, Gordy and I went to Jacksonville to see Cirque Du Soleil, Alegria. Needless to say, the show was amazing! We also found this delish little restaurant called BB's. It was cozy and quaint, but with really fancy, yummy food. Gordy ordered the food for us, and he did a perfect job. It was so fun to go out with Gordy! It was the first time Gordy and I have been out on a date totally alone since Jack was born. Jack stayed with my mom and dad and they had a great time at the house too. I think they were a little glad to get rid of us for the night.



Today we went to the flea market in Waldo. It was fun to walk around and look at all the junk the vendors were selling. I was shocked at how many people are still selling VHS tapes and how many sword vendors there were. I mean really? Is there really a huge market for swords? The best part; boiled peanuts, a southern treat. It's been YEARS since I've had them. Yum.






No comments: