Sunday, April 3, 2011

General Conference Week

Gordy has been hitting the books extra, extra hard this week. He's been putting in a lot of library time to get ready for finals coming up in about a month. He's also been doing a lot of work on group projects and his big Legal Research and Writing paper. This means that I have had lots of extra (by myself) time to do things like make homemade strawberry jam. It was my first time ever doing it and it was a lot easier than I expected, except Heather and I had to stop frequently to take care of Jack and Ethan.

We've had crazy weather this week. There has been snow, rain, hail, and sunshine. It's been super cold and dreary then yesterday it warmed up. Hopefully the weather stays nice from here on out... This is is the hail storm.

I also got a new jogging stroller which I am so super excited about. It's totally awesome! It has an odometer so I can tell how far I've run and the time it takes me to run my route. It also has a speaker that I can plug my ipod into. Now Jack and I can both listen to some tunes when we are out and about. I mean seriously, what will they think of next?
I had to bundle the little guy up for our run. I think he was nice and cozy because about 5 minutes into it he was snoozing.

Jack in his new ride...

This weekend was also General Conference, which means sticky bun Sunday. Gordy's specialty is sticky buns which he makes every Sunday morning of General Conference. We enjoy them so much, but they are even better shared with friends. We had the Leavitts, the Rickeys, and the Castellanos over for a conference brunch. Everyone brought a little something to share, and man oh man was it delicious!

This is the aftermath.


Conference was so wonderful. We really felt the spirit over the last couple of days. We consider ourselves so blessed to be able to hear council directly from the Lord's prophet. It felt wonderful to be uplifted and edified. We noticed a theme of strengthening marriages throughout the conference and hope to make our marriage even better by abiding by the council we received this weekend.

After the Sunday morning session was over, we took a walk around our apartment grounds with Erin and Mitchell. The weather was so beautiful out that we decided to go to the pond and explore the hiking trail.



We found a dam on the little trail and Gordy and Mitchell came up with
some pretty funny poses.


It does my soul so much good to get a little sunshine.

In other news, Jack FINALLY pooped. Last week we gave him his first bottle of formula and he didn't poop for ELEVEN DAYS! After many a call to the pediatrician's office and failed attempts at using apple juice as a laxative, we finally tried a suppository. It took two days of that to get the results we were looking for, but it finally worked. Being a parent is a funny thing; you worry if your kid poops too much or not enough or if its the wrong color or consistency... Jack is teaching us so much about how to be better people by caring for him. I'm just glad that whole ordeal is over with.After all, he's such a sweet little fella.


No comments: