Sunday, March 27, 2011

JRCLS Social

This was a pretty bust week in the Wilson household.... Not only did I order a jogging stroller (which I hope to put to good use as soon as it comes in on Wednesday) I also made some wall art for Jack's room. I also had a couple of firsts: I made gumbo and played Bunko for the first time.

It was also an epic week in the Wilson house because BYU played UF in the sweet sixteen round of March madness. Jack was a fair weather fan since his Mom has loyalties to both schools.
BYU FAN...
...Gator fan
The whole family was dressed in blue, navy blue that is... We had to show support for our alma mater. Too bad our fashion choices had little impact on the outcome of the game. It would have been fun to see BYU do well, but it was a win-win situation for me.

This week was also Spring Law Day at Indiana University. Basically, the university invites admitted law students to come check out the school over the weekend. Since there were several students admitted from BYU we decided to throw a party for the visiting students at our apartment. Gordy invited the entire J. Reuben Clark Law Society IU chapter as well as the visiting students. It was a lot of work, but with a lot of help from Heather we pulled it off! Man, do we love to throw a party! Including the little ones, we had about 25 in attendance. Heather and I made pulled pork sandwiches and we had a potluck for the sides and desserts. I think this might have been the first time the JRCLS had a social to help recruit new members, so I was really excited to be the hostess. I hope we can make this a continuing tradition.

Gordy was the party photographer, so this is a little taste of what he does... "Okay Dan and Kris, try to get as far away from each other as possible while still staying entirely in the frame of the picture."

"Good. Now get as close as you possibly can to each other..." (Notice how genuine their smiles are in this one?)

Heather and Ethan. I just die over his rosy sweet cheeks!
Laura with her little Tyler and Sara with her Lydia

Us with Erin.

Ethan and Jack, best buds...

He's doing some serious recruiting...

Ella and Daniel

No comments: