Sunday, March 6, 2011

Gordy's Birthday


What a week! We started the week off with a dessert social for Gordy's PGA group (that's a law school thing not a golf thing). It took me two days to shop, bake, and clean for the event that only lasted an hour and a half... such is life I guess. We had a good time having all of Gordy's group over. It was especially fun for me to meet the people Gordy is always talking about, and it was especially fun for them because they all got to meet and play with Jack.

Wednesday was Gordy's 25th birthday. I keep reminding Gordy that when Jack is his age, Gordy will be 50. I think that's pretty cool. To celebrate we went to Chili's as a family so Gordy could get his most favorite meal, a cheeseburger. We decided to let Jack in on the fun. This is him tasting a teensy teensy bit of ice cream. He was not a fan.


Surprisingly, however, he did enjoy sucking on this piece of celery. I mean he REALLY liked it. Where did this kid come from?!


Family portrait

Our friends Erin and Mitchell made this cute onesie for Jack. Birthdays are special occasions and one should dress for the occasion don't you think? This is the front view.


Back view. It says "I'm classy, but I like to party." Classic line from Talladega Nights, one of Gordy's favorite movies.


Since we had a dessert social on Tuesday and Gordy's birthday was on Wednesday, we were a little dessert-ed out. So we decided to wait until Saturday to make these little beauties. These cinnamon rolls come as a special request from Gordy on his birthday every year. I only make them on that one special day a year because of the extraordinary amount of butter and sugar in them AND because they take like all day long to make. Even when we do make them it is a necessity to give most of them away.... If you don't you could easily cause death by cinnamon roll. Not a bad way to go, but 23 and 25 is too young to die, so we just share.


My handsome birthday boy.


Erin and Mitchell are the BEST. Seriously. They always help with the dishes and they always play with Jack when they come over. We love>


This picture was taken the next day at a Cafe Rio dinner at the Castellano's. Mitchell's birthday is this week and he LOVED the cinnamon rolls the night before, so we re-purposed the second pan and celebrated his 25th birthday too. Thank HEAVENS we got rid of the second pan!

And on top of all that craziness, Jack had TWO doctor's appointments. Both were no bueno. At the second one he had to get a shot. Poor little guy has to get more shots than any other baby. Golly, we really hate shot day. BUT they help keep him healthy, so we just suck it up and get through it. Our little guy really is a trooper.

Jack and I are so lucky to have Gordy as the man of the house. He is a wonderful father, husband, example, and provider. Honestly, one day is not enough to honor all that he does for our family and for others. Happy Birthday Gordy! We sure appreciate and love you!

4 comments:

Mom n Pop Wilson said...

Loved catching up! I didn't know you do a blog, too. I hope you don't mind me adding you to my favorite blogs list.

Lisa said...

Love the blog! It is such a fun and fast way to keep up with things! Are you guys going to Florida this summer? We would love to see you, or if you come to Utah. I am sure a trip to Utah would be packed with things to do but even if it were just a quick hour or two. We would love to meet Jack. I need to get your recipe for the rolls, they sound DELICIOUS! All our love!

Ainsley said...

Jenn, you are such a sweet wife and mother! I love reading your blog. Those cinnamon rolls look great!

Sarah said...

Those cinnamon rolls look amazing!! Since I don't think they'd ship well can you send me the recipe? I HAVE to try those out! Your little guy is such a cutie! Love getting to see him grow even though we're so far away!