Monday, February 7, 2011

let's recap

Okay, so I realize that there is absolutely nothing posted for 2010. This was actually a blog that we started right when we got married, but my heart wasn't in it, so it failed miserably. Now I'm trying to revive it... But, 2010 was an incredible year for us, so it deserves some highlights... These are the events I would have blogged about, had I been diligent enough...

1. We kicked of the year with a mocktail party at our place that was a lot of fun

2. We escaped the winter and went for a weekend get away with Chase and Ashley to Saint George. We have such fond memories of St. George and always look for any excuse to go there.

3. We found out that we were pregnant!


4. Gordy did phenomenally well on the LSAT, applied to schools and got some really great offers at really great schools. We narrowed the list of schools down and Gordy visited our top two picks: Emory and IU. We both felt really good about The Maurer School of Law at Indiana University (random, I know)

5. We both graduated from BYU. Gordy walked with me in my ceremony because it was shorter. Best decision ever.

6. I got to go to California for a girl's trip with Gordy's mom Sandy and his sisters Ainsley, Lindsay, and Whitney.

7. We moved out of our first little apartment in Provo and in with Gordy's parents. Soon it was a party because his sister Whitney and her five little ones moved in too while her hubby was finishing up endo school in LA.

8. We moved to Indiana. Gordon and Sandy were nice enough to drive our car out for us and help us move in. It was especially nice because I was 5 months pregnant and on strict orders not to over do things. My parents came that next weekend and dropped of their old washer and dryer (which was the biggest deal ever and a total life changer, so yes, it makes the highlight reel). We LOVE our new apartment and are falling in love with Bloomington too. Here we are driving cross country, our new empty pad, the BEST farmers market in the world, Lake Monroe, and Lake Jenny on our first date in Bloomington.

9. Gordy took a torts class as part of the Summer start program at IU. Here we are, classic first day of school picture (Fall semester). I just happen to be in my pj's because I was the chauffeur.



10. I got to visit FL for a family reunion and to have a baby shower. Gordy had to stay in Indiana to take his torts final. The boy cousins (minus Spencer and Seth), pregnant belly shot, and a Florida sunset. Seriously, Florida has the most beautiful sunsets of anywhere in the world.

11. We went to Chicago to visit Rodney and Kylee! We had the BEST time (and not to mention the BEST FOOD). We went to The Art Institute (my favorite- I got to see real life Van Gogh), Navy Pier to see the Blue Angels (which was Gordy's fav), the Sears tower, Magnificent Mile shopping, The Bongo Room, and CHICAGO PIZZA AND OVEN GRINDERS . We're still salivating over that last place. We loved seeing our friends and visiting with Gordy's Uncle Joel, Aunt Lisa, and cousins Rikki and Jacque.

12. We went camping with the Castellanos at Yellow Wood State Park. I was eight months pregnant and still had a great time.


13. We met up with my mom and dad in Atlanta for a long weekend because Gordy shadowed an attorney there. We visited the Atlanta Aquarium. the World of Coke, and Stone Mountain. We also found a new favorite Italian style pizza place that is INCREDIBLE! We had a really fun time, and despite being really nervous that I would go into labor (because I was 36 weeks) things were fine and we had a great trip.

14. WE HAD JACK!!! 7 lbs. 11 oz. 20 in long! and he is an absolute pleasure. Seriously the sweetest baby in the world. Labor and delivery was not at all scary and actually really easy for me. It was the neatest experience and I have nothing but positive memories of it all (I can say that because it took less the 4.5 hours which is pretty unheard of for first time deliveries). I realize that there are only three pictures of the most significant event of the year. I'll do a separate post later with birth stuff.



My parents came for the delivery which was a HUGE help and Adam came for a Thanksgiving visit too. We took some family pics... Jack was one week old.

15. Gordy had a really successful first semester, and he got great grades to top it off!

16. We spent two weeks in FL for Christmas with my parents. Jack is growing like a weed and continues to make us laugh on a daily basis.

Thats it... that was pretty much our 2010. Pretty awesome huh?

6 comments:

Jonny and Alli Katseanes said...

Hooray! I'm so glad the Wilson blog is up and running. Looks like 2010 was a great year for you :)

Teresa Larsen said...

I miss all of you but it is great to know you are all living your dreams. You are a darling little family.

Unknown said...

Wonderful 2010 memories! Thanks for sharing! 2011 will be over the top, with wonderful events! We love you guys and miss you more everyday!

whitney said...

k that prego picture of you on the beach is GORGEOUS!!! Makes me want to do that!

Heather said...

LOVE this post. 2010 was a good one. I might possibly steal the format?

Al and Ash said...

Welcome back to the world of blogging! You have been sorely missed. Thanks for the update and I totally loved that you remembered the mocktail party. That seems like years ago. We miss you guys...