Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Where to begin.... Valentine's Day was absolutely crazy. I started the day off by making five dozen sugar cookies. Yes, that's right, five dozen. What possessed me to do that you might ask? well on any normal day, Gordy usually leaves for school at 7:30 AM and then returns home some time between 5-6:30PM. On this particular day (V-day) Gordy had to stay at school until 9 PM to do mandatory mock interviews... In order to make the best of the situation, I decided to make cookies and bring them to Gordy while he was at school. It turned out to be quite the chore, but I'm glad we did it.

We made some hilarious cookies (bras and thongs) in honor of Valentine's Day (special shout out to my cute friend Heather for the idea).

My other cute friend Erin came over and helped me decorate and deliver the cookies. Her hubby is a 1L too.... I'm so glad she came over because she made decorating so much more fun.


The cookies were a hit at school. Members of Gordy's study group are asking for more "dirty desserts".
This is how we both felt by the end of the day. It was quite exhausting to make, decorate, and deliver the cookies all while taking care of a baby, but it was totally worth it. After the cookie escapade was over, Jack and I came home. I made a delicious dinner for one- Mediterranean chicken, and cuddled with Jack while we watched the Bachelor. It's so nice to have TWO valentines!


.... BUT that was just February 14th. Gordy and I actually celebrated on Saturday. My sweetheart of a husband planned ahead and treated me to such a wonderful day.

We started off by exchanging gifts. I got Gordy a non-stick skillet for cooking eggs and I wrote him a list of 100 reasons why I LOVE him. He got me flowers and a journal. The purpose of the journal is so that we can write notes to each other and they all stay in one place. Isn't he so cute for thinking of that?!?
Then we headed out for an adventure. Since the weather warmed up to the mid 40's we decided it was a perfect opportunity to go explore Nashville, IN.


These were taken at the Hobb Knobb Cafe. It's a cute little restaurant that's been around for ages and ages...
Interesting side note - NOTHING in Nashville is stroller accessible. I didn't care though. I was absolutely craving outdoors time.
I like the saying on this bench... So, so true.
Nashville is like the Park City of the Mid-West. The entire town is composed of little antique shops, art galleries, candy stores, boutiques, and cafes. Nashville is actually called the "Artist Colony of the Mid-West".

We had such a wonderful day exploring Nashville as a family.

2 comments:

Kelly and Tyler said...

THose cookies are awesome! I am Dan Castellano's Sister :)

Heather said...

Kelly's the one who gave me the idea first so I had to show her how cute yours turned out :)