Friday, May 13, 2011

Jack, 6 months

Jack is SIX months! Want to know how we celebrated his half birthday? He got a huge up grade and an extended warranty on his life! Dr. Turrentine fixed our little boy's heart on his six month birthday, but that is a story for another post...

This is how Jack spent a portion of his sixth month birthday. For most of the day he was heavily sedated... We knew that taking pictures on the actual day wasn't going to be the greatest, so we took some the night before his surgery (it was practically almost his monthly birthday). We decided to take them shirtless because that was the last day he won't have a scar on his chest. His eyes are pretty tired because we had a very long traumatic day of pre-op, but he still managed to pull out some award winning smiles. p.s. sorry some of them aren't oriented correctly. My top priority right now isn't taking time to load pictures and spend time flipping/cropping/eliminating red eye, but Jack is sleeping now so I thought I would do a quick post.

This is Jack early, early Thursday morning before heading to the hospital.



Some fun things about Jack this month... first and foremost, his heartbeat no longer sounds like a washing machine.


He thinks he doesn't know how to crawl, but he does. We have a video monitor and we watch him crawl in his crib. He ONLY does it in his crib. Silly boy...


His favorite book is "Are you my Mother?". I read it to him in this really annoying high pitched nasally voice. I realize it's annoying, heck I even get on my own nerves reading it like that, but Jack LOVES it, so I keep doing it. It even got him smiling today in the intensive care unit. I don't care who I bug, when he smiles it melts all my worries...


His favorite toy is a tie between his bumble bee that vibrates and this box with different activities on each side (similar to what dentists usually have in the waiting room). He likes to turn the cogs and wheels with his feet.


Jack is eating solids. So far he has had rice cereal, stage one peas, and stage one carrots. We tried to hold off on solids until after his surgery, but he was so dang interested every time he saw one of us eating that we couldn't put it off any longer. He loves his solids.

Jack is fascinated with my dad. Since my parents got to spend a few days with us before Jack's surgery he really got to bond with his grandpa. When my dad is in the room it is hard for Jack to look away. It's really quite darling.

Jack is starting to reach for people he wants. This is also something that will melt your heart.

Jack LOVES the camera. As soon as he sees one he whips out a gummy little grin. I don't know how he knows you are supposed to do this... I guess he is just a natural.

Darn we love this little guy. I can't believe we have already had him for six months, and yet it's hard to remember what life was life before he joined our family. He fills us with such joy.

1 comment:

Al and Ash said...

That smile is contagious! I'm glad everything went well with the surgery. You guys are so strong, it's empowering to see how your faith has guided you through this trial with a positive outlook. I need to be better at that. Thanks for the post!